Top News Stories
Marchers peacefully protested outside the Peoria Police Department today in response to the fatal shooting of Eddie Russell Junior. The 25-year-old was the suspect of an armed bank robbery Wednesday and was shot and killed after a standoff with police, a few hours later.
On September 10, I attended a rally in Springfield in support of the beneficiaries of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). The day before, I made three signs for the rally that read: "Defend DACA," "Dreamers, not Criminals," and "Dreamers are Here to Stay."
For more than nine months, Twitter and Facebook have tried to dodge the intense public scrutiny involved with the investigation into Russian interference in last year's presidential election. Now they're in the spotlight. Congressional investigators are digging in on Russia's use of Facebook, Twitter and other social media companies to try to influence the 2016 campaign. And after a series of escalating complaints by the leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Facebook said Thursday it...
- Soldiers Descend On Rio 'Favela' As Shootouts Erupt
- Puerto Rico's Weak Infrastructure Creates Big Challenges For Recovery
- An Accident On The Moon, Young Lawyers To The Rescue
- Study Suggests Neanderthals Enjoyed Long Childhoods
- Major League Baseball Teams Look To Add Extra Netting After Yankee Stadium Accident