Top News Stories
Having a state budget after a historic, two-year political gridlock is of little comfort to K-12 school districts, healthcare and human service providers.
Adults in Illinois who failed to graduate from high school still can earn a General Educational Development certificate, also known as a G-E-D. But legislation approved by the General Assembly would provide what some consider to be a better alternative.
Asma Jama was out to dinner with her family at an Applebee's in Coon Rapids, Minn., in October 2015, when a woman seated nearby starting getting angry. Why? Jama, who is Somali-American and Muslim, was speaking Swahili and wearing a hijab. The woman, Jodie Bruchard-Risch, demanded that Jama speak English — and then smashed Jama in the face with a glass beer mug. "I could see it from the doctor's face that it was really bad," says Jama, who is 39. "I had lacerations across my chest, all over...
- 20 Attorneys General Write To Trump, Urging Him To Keep DACA
- CDC: Half Of All Female Murder Victims Are Killed By Intimate Partners
- Xanda, Son Of Cecil The Lion, Also Killed
- Salvador Dalí's Remains Exhumed, Revealing A Perfectly Arranged Mustache
- Sean Spicer Resigns As Press Secretary In White House Communications Shake-Up